Saturday, January 28, 2017

Fun is part of Happiness!

Jen and I had so much fun during the Facebook Live session last night. As I was thinking about what I was going to write about tonight, I looked at some photos I had snapped recently to remember ideas for future blog posts. I was looking through my photos saved on Google Photos, I looked back all the way to 2006. This reminiscing along with our time last night reminded me of one thing...Jen and I have a lot of fun together.

Yes, of course we used to have more fun time with just the two of us before we had kids, but we still do now. Whenever we have a chance to go out with just the two of us, we get a little goofy, just like we did last night.

What's interesting is that Jen has actually helped me a lot with this over the years. I've mostly been calm and reserved, the cool customer in life, not letting my emotions get too high or too low. But, you know what, sometimes it's okay to get excited about things and act like a kid again. I feel like I missed out on a lot of enjoyment because I was so calculated at times, or not wanting to get too high on the emotional roller coaster.

Even now she says I hate going to places like Disney. That's not true! I'm pretty pumped about it. I think it's going to be a great time, and I always look forward to opportunities to embarrass the boys. Like that time I got the whole Moe's restaurant to sing Happy Birthday to TJ. (Did anyone get that on video?) Classic.

Now, when we get a chance to have date night, we are usually one of two ways. Either we are both so tired that we're like zombies walking around or we're giddy like little school girls enjoying the opportunity to be what we used to be. Just the two of us.

The take away is this...never stop having fun with your spouse. It can only be good for you to enjoy your time together, even if that means walking down a sidewalk beside a major road in Philadelphia wearing matching plaid shorts. (To that end, I've added a few photos below that I enjoyed while thinking back on the fun times we've had.)

What are some of the ways you and your spouse still have fun even if you've been married many years and have kids around all the time? Leave a comment below, or comment on Facebook.













1 comment:

  1. A few weeks ago we saw searchlights while we were driving so we decided to hunt them down. It was a fun adventure for the whole family.

    ReplyDelete